I am reading through this now and find it quite worthy of its award. Kaplan begins his work with Twain in his early 3o’s and covers his stint in Washington artfully and thoroughly.
"Mark Twain in Washington, D.C." set to be released by The History Press fall 2013.
Fundamental books to Mark Twain in Washington #1 _ Mr. Clemens and Mark Twain: A Biography by Justin Kaplan
- Library of Congress Book Talk: Wednesday, June 18, at noon – Montpelier Room, 6th floor of James Madison Memorial Building
- Gaithersburg Book Festival 2014: John Muller & Ida Jones
- Library of Congress & Center for the Book host talk on “Mark Twain in Washington, D.C.” [June 18, Noon, Montpelier Room, Madison Building]
- See you at the 5th Annual Gaithersburg Book Festival; Sat., May 17th [H. L. Mencken Pavillion; 10:35 A.M.]
- Book Talk & Signing: Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library, Wednesday, April 9 @7pm