"Mark Twain in Washington, D.C." set to be released by The History Press fall 2013.
Posts Tagged Twain’s roommates
George W. Adams [Washington Journalism, Past and Present. By Crosby S. Noyes, Evening Star, December 16, 1902]
George W. Adams roomed with Mark Twain in Washington during the winter of 1867 – 1868. Unlike Twain, who was broke while in Washington, Adams used the telegraph and in 1867 was one of the investors who purchased the Evening Star. He died in 1886.
- Library of Congress Book Talk: Wednesday, June 18, at noon – Montpelier Room, 6th floor of James Madison Memorial Building
- Gaithersburg Book Festival 2014: John Muller & Ida Jones
- Library of Congress & Center for the Book host talk on “Mark Twain in Washington, D.C.” [June 18, Noon, Montpelier Room, Madison Building]
- See you at the 5th Annual Gaithersburg Book Festival; Sat., May 17th [H. L. Mencken Pavillion; 10:35 A.M.]
- Book Talk & Signing: Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library, Wednesday, April 9 @7pm